Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Oluwatosin Fatoyinbo
President Goodluck Jonathan’s second term ambition received further boost today as Governors under the umbrella of the People’s Democratic Party endorsed him as the party’s sole candidate. This means that the December 6 Primary election of the party will be simply to confirm his candidacy.
All the PDP governors were present at the meeting, except the governors of Bauchi and Ebonyi state. Sule Lamido, the Jigawa State Governor was absent at the meeting. his absence is not unconnected with his presidential ambition; though he was represented by his deputy.
Reading the communiqué of the meeting, the Akwa Ibom state governor, Godswill Akpabio said that the PDP governors unanimously agreed to endorse President Jonathan as the sole candidate for the party’s presidential primary election.
- Tinubu describes Obaseki as an errant, ill disciplined governor and a dictator, who has been contemptuous of the people of Edo state
- Breaking: European Union lifts travel restrictions
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Naira Marley irritates the hypocrisy in all of us
- Buhari signs amended Companies Allied Matters bill
- Lai Mohammed says the hate speech N5 million fine is to deter those willing to destabilise Nigeria
- DG of the Progressive Governors forum says party is losing electoral value
- Just In: NUPENG orders tanker drivers to Suspend services in Lagos
- Candidate of the APC in Edo State, Ize-Iyamu says he does not want to go to Jail
- Former Nassarawa SSG cleared of all allegations of financial misappropriation
- Reps summon finance minister, predecessor over N1.7 trillion