Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Oluwatosin Fatoyinbo
President Goodluck Jonathan’s second term ambition received further boost today as Governors under the umbrella of the People’s Democratic Party endorsed him as the party’s sole candidate. This means that the December 6 Primary election of the party will be simply to confirm his candidacy.
All the PDP governors were present at the meeting, except the governors of Bauchi and Ebonyi state. Sule Lamido, the Jigawa State Governor was absent at the meeting. his absence is not unconnected with his presidential ambition; though he was represented by his deputy.
Reading the communiqué of the meeting, the Akwa Ibom state governor, Godswill Akpabio said that the PDP governors unanimously agreed to endorse President Jonathan as the sole candidate for the party’s presidential primary election.
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor
- Minister, Godswill Akpabio denies collecting N500m NDDC projects
- Kiki Osinbajo responds to allegations of N800m property ownership
- Breaking: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, joins PDP
- Buhari appoints Mohammed Umar as acting chairman of the EFCC
- President Buhari signs revised N10.8trn 2020 budget into law