Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Oluwatosin Fatoyinbo
There is no Northern consensus on the Jonathan 2015 Ambition as the Northern Elders Council have rebuked the statement released by the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF).
The Chairman of the Northern Elders Council, Alhaji Tanko Yakasai said at a press briefing in Abuja on Monday, that it was wrong for the ACF, which is chaired by a former Inspector-General of Police, Alhaji Ibrahim Coomasie to always criticise the Federal Government.
He said it is obvious that the ACF has been overtaken by politicians.
“We wish to observe that since the emergence of the current leadership of the ACF, there has been a derailment and non-compliance with the mission of the founding fathers of the forum.
“A motley crowd of opposition politicians have hijacked its machinery. It is becoming more and more isolationist even within the region.
“This has greatly degraded the ACF.”
When asked to provide evidence about the alleged taken over of the ACF by politicians, Yakasai refused.
Asked if he was speaking on behalf of the majority of the northern region, he said no, adding that he was only speaking on behalf members of the NEC.
He said members of his group regretted the “way and manner the ACF chairman addressed the President in his rodent press conference.
“To say that ‘President Jonathan doesn’t like the north’ is outrageous and uncharitable. And to say that he has failed, is untrue.”
- WAEC announces new date to release result
- Media sanction over #EndSARS coverage is draconian – Group writes NBC DG
- Just In: Amnesty release a new timeline investigating the Toll Gate massacre #EndSARS
- I will sign executive order to recover looted property – Adamawa Governor
- Lagos State Government says there’s nothing wrong in asking the military to intervene
- I was detained for 47 days by SARS; man narrates as Judicial panel of inquiry begins sitting in Lagos
- Nigerian Army says Lagos state government invited it to intervene in #EndSARS protest
- Nigeria declares public holiday for Eid-El-Maulud Celebration
- Buhari re-appoints INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu for another 5-year-term
- We must regulate social media – Nigerian govt insists making reference to #EndSARS protests