Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Oluwatosin Fatoyinbo
There is no Northern consensus on the Jonathan 2015 Ambition as the Northern Elders Council have rebuked the statement released by the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF).
The Chairman of the Northern Elders Council, Alhaji Tanko Yakasai said at a press briefing in Abuja on Monday, that it was wrong for the ACF, which is chaired by a former Inspector-General of Police, Alhaji Ibrahim Coomasie to always criticise the Federal Government.
He said it is obvious that the ACF has been overtaken by politicians.
“We wish to observe that since the emergence of the current leadership of the ACF, there has been a derailment and non-compliance with the mission of the founding fathers of the forum.
“A motley crowd of opposition politicians have hijacked its machinery. It is becoming more and more isolationist even within the region.
“This has greatly degraded the ACF.”
When asked to provide evidence about the alleged taken over of the ACF by politicians, Yakasai refused.
Asked if he was speaking on behalf of the majority of the northern region, he said no, adding that he was only speaking on behalf members of the NEC.
He said members of his group regretted the “way and manner the ACF chairman addressed the President in his rodent press conference.
“To say that ‘President Jonathan doesn’t like the north’ is outrageous and uncharitable. And to say that he has failed, is untrue.”
- Tiv/Jukun conflict: Governor Ishaku urges fleeing communities to return home
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed
- Landlords should see how they can work out yearly rent to monthly payments – Sanwo-Olu
- NLC, TUC have been compromised to frustrate oil and gas reforms says National Youth Council