Estimated Reading Time: <1
People’s Democratic Party candidate and Acting Governor of Adamawa state Ahmed Fintiri has said only God can determine his fate in 2015. The acting governor spoke with journalists after he visited the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu, in Abuja on Wednesday.
He however, said his focus is on the October 11 bye-election and afterwards, he can think about 2015.
He said, “Only God will determine my fate in 2015, but let me say that my preoccupation now is how to win the October 11 bye-election. After that, we will face the new challenge.”
Fintiri said he enjoyed the support of all the 13 aspirants who contested the PDP primary with him last week.
It will be recalled that the National leadership of the PDP has said that Fintiri would be disallowed from contesting the elections in 2015 if he is victorious in the October 11, 2014 Bye-elections in the state. Another hurdle on Fintiri’s path is the decision of the party to zone the Governorship in 2015 to the Adamawa central senatorial district.
- Ya’u Usman Idris appointed as DG of Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Authority
- Hadiza El-Rufai: When emotional intelligence is social distancing
- Human rights commission calls for action in addressing Almajiri children
- May 29: Buhari lists achievements over the last five years; here’s the full account
- Just In: Nigeria confirms 8,915 Coronavirus cases
- Buhari at United Nations high-level meeting advocates for debt cancellation
- Katsina Governor, Masari, lifts ban on Juma’at and church services
- Confusion in Cross River as electoral commission issues 4 day notice for local govt election
- The bill to reduce 2020 budget has passed second reading
- Obasanjo rallies support for Adesina over AfDB allegations