Estimated Reading Time: <1
There seems to be no end in sight to the crisis rocking the South West zone of the People’s Democratic Party as a group within the party dismissed the suspension of Chief Ishola Filani as the chairman of the party in the zone. The group, under the aegis of South-West PDP Leadership Forum, which met in Abuja, called on the National Working Committee of the party to dismiss the suspension.
It will be recalled that Chief Fulani was suspended by the members of the executive committee of the South-West PDP at Ibadan on September 3 and was ordered to vacate the office.
But the South West PDP leaders have said that the suspension is illegal.
Chief Olabode George who is the convener of the meeting, said those who suspended Filani lacked the power to do so as the constitution of PDP stipulates that only the National Executive Council of PDP has such power.
He added that those who suspended the PDP South-West Caretaker Chairman failed to explore the normal channel of effecting such action since they did not lodge a formal complaint against him before announcing his suspension.
George stressed that the suspension of Filani by members of the South-West Caretaker Committee was inappropriate because it was capable of breaking the fragile peace in the South-West PDP
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries
- States take Federal Government to the Supreme Court over funding
- Trans fat: Nigeria still on the road finalise regulation
- VP Osinbajo urges leaders of destination countries to insist on repatriation of illicit funds & their proceeds
- INEC replaces manual voting with automated voting system
- NNPC to be commercialized in new PIB draft – Minister