Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Jonathan’s 2015 election bid received a major boost as the People’s Democratic party in the North West endorsed him for a 2nd term in office. The Punch reports.
The endorsement came at an expanded stakeholders’ meeting at the late Gen. Hassan Katsina Hall, Kawo in Kaduna, where the leadership and members of the party in the zone said Jonathan should continue.
However, big wigs of the Party from the party who hail from the Zone were absent. Notable among the absentees include Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal; Governor Sule Lamido (Jigawa); Katsina state Governor, Shehu Shema; and the Minister of Education , Ibrahim Shekarau. No reason was tendered for the absence of these key members of the party at the meeting.
Those present at the meeting include National Chairman of the PDP, Adamu Mu’azu; the National Organising Secretary, Abubabkar Mustapha; the zonal Chairman, Amb. Adamu Kazaure; the Deputy Governor of Sokoto State, Mukhtar Shagari; and Maj-Gen. Mohammed Magaro (retd).
A Communique issued at the end of the meeting read “ Having carefully considered the steady and stable progress of our nation under the able leadership of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, the stakeholders of the PDP in the North-West, having in mind the monumental strides attained by this administration, have resolved to ask Dr. Jonathan to declare for the Presidency in the forthcoming 2015 elections so as to continue the good works he started. We ask for nothing less.
“Consequently, we respectfully call on the national chairman of our party to convey this resolution and unanimous declaration of the entire leadership and membership of the PDP in the North-West to His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, to surrender himself for the continued service to the nation.”
- Reps summon finance minister, predecessor over N1.7 trillion
- Federal civil servants on grade level 12 and above to resume full work hours
- Court fines Naira Marley N200,000 for violating COVID-19 restrictions
- NLC gives Air Peace, Turkish Airlines and Bristow Helicopters 2 weeks to reinstate sacked pilots
- Med-view is selling two Aircrafts to settle debt
- Ahead of Edo elections, Buhari meets Ize-Iyamu, Buni, Ganduje in Aso Rock
- Edo PDP members stage protest at state assembly complex
- Kebbi state will refund all Hajj deposits
- Commercial banks owe Telcos N17 Billion for USSD transactions – NCC
- UAE refutes reports of travel ban on Nigerians