Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nassarawa State Governor Umaru Tanko Almakura has said he has received the support of the President to implement the white paper on the killings of over 120 security personnel in Alakyo village in Lafia local government area of the state. Almakura said this while a visit to some of the affected communities.
“I know those who are involved in the crisis and we are not going to spare anybody including the politicians who are behind the persistent ethnic insurgency in the state. The president has given me the go ahead to prosecute all 58 persons indicted by the commission of enquiry on the killings of security operatives last year”.
“The security agents in the state have arrested over 5 suspects and some others who were seen by the security agents fully involved during the recent crisis shall be fished out for appropriate prosecution”, Almakura added.
The Governor also noted that plans are on ground to hold a peace meeting that would bring all the stakeholders in the state and all the aggrieved communities together to dialogue on resolving the conflict that has continue to ravage the area in the last three years.
- After 15 years, Shoprite considers ending its Nigeria operations
- In Ogun state, parents reject N25,000 COVID-19 test levy for returning students
- $125 million fraud: NNPC to take Mexican oil firm to court
- Taraba is the only state where nobody has died from COVID-19 according to NCDC data
- Breaking: Air Peace allegedly sacks most of its pilots over pay dispute
- Abia Governor sacks commissioner for transport, suspends others
- Lagos boat mishaps: Sack LASWA management, PDP asks Sanwo-Olu
- “Nigeria’s sovereignty may have been traded for foreign loans” – Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar raises alarm
- Osun Government says hotels, bars, and clubs violating COVID-19 protocol to pay N250, 000 fine
- COVID-19: Lagos state government to shut down Eti-Osa and Agidingbi isolation centres