Estimated Reading Time: <1
All Progressives Congress, APC’s only surviving Senator in Oyo state, Senator Olufemi Lanlehin, formally defected to Accord alongside APC chieftain, Yemi Aderibigbe, former Senator Gbenga Babalola of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, among others.
Senator Rashidi Ladoja National Chairman of the party welcomed the defectors assisted by state chairman of the party, Bashir Bola Lawal, Secretary, Ogundiya Oguntoye and others, including incumbent Deputy Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Mr. Babatunde Olaniyan and former Speaker, Adeolu Adeleke.
Ladoja, said although Accord was already fully on ground in Oyo State, but the coming of Senator Lanlehin would be a morale booster.
He promised the people of the state “We did it before and we shall do it even better again.”
Senator Lanlehin, described Ladoja as “my leader and father”, urged Oyo State people to vote Senator Ladoja as governor in 2015 and Accord candidates in other elections to ensure that whoever would be in government at any level from Local Government through the state to the federal would be of Accord.
In the same vein, former Speaker of Oyo State House of Assembly, Adeleke said “The APC when they were ACN said you should not vote for a party that does not a Senator. Today that Senator Lanlehin is now in Accord, I want to urge you the people of Oyo State, not to vote for APC because it is now truly a party that does not have a Senator.”
Others in attendance at the event included member of House of Representatives and Deputy Chairman, House Committee on Education, Abiola Ajaja; another serving Accord’s House of Representatives member, Olayemi and many others.
- Planned protest by the Trade Union Congress, ill-advised – Presidency
- “COVID-19 pandemic responsible for sack of pilots” – Air Peace Management confirms NewsWireNGR Exclusive story
- “We are appalled by the worsening security situation” – Nigerian Governors break silence in a letter to President Buhari
- Opinion: The price of under-policing in Nigeria
- Candidate in the NBA elections, Dele Adesina, seeks election cancellation
- Just In: Ekiti workers suspend warning strike
- ‘Oshiomhole seeking the third term as a governor’ by proxy – Edo State Deputy Governor
- Oyewole Michael: One year after, will Dadiyata ever be found?
- NDDC Management denies fresh corruption allegations in new statement
- Lagos Chamber of Commerce says NIPOST guidelines must be removed