Estimated Reading Time: <1
Catalan giants, FC Barcelona has agreed a deal for Sao Paulo full back, Douglas. Both clubs have reached a €4 million Euros fee for the right back but that could rise to €5.5 million based on performance and number of games.
Douglas will be in Barcelona at the end of the week for his medical and subsequent unveiling.
The uncapped Brazilian’s qualities may be in doubt for a team like Barca but the transfer may be a major coup as the Spanish club prepares for how life would be when their 2015 transfer ban is eventually implemented. That ban will see Barcelona unable to sign players for the entirety of 2015 after breaching FIFA’s rules concerning the acquisition of minors.
It will be interesting to see what Barcelona gaffer, Luis Enrique will be able to bring out of the new signing.
- 2500 sacked Cross River State workers protest, demand reinstatement
- COVID-19: Church distribute palliatives worth millions to members in Calabar
- Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has said many Nigerians believe that governors are corrupt
- Election Observers say “Edo Election relatively credible despite high Incidents of Vote buying”
- Kaduna Government closes sports betting shops across the state
- Edo Decides: Early signs of a transition from party-based elections?
- Imo State governor, Hope Uzodinma, has rejected Edo election results – vows APC will win in court #EdoDecides2020
- “There is no more APC” – Senator Rochas Okorocha speaks after defeat of the party in Edo #EdoDecides2020
- “We would have loved to win,” – Governor El-Rufai says APC defeat in Edo was a surprise
- Hamzat Lawal: Okonjo-Iweala represents what the WTO needs at this moment