Estimated Reading Time: <1
It seems to be the beginning of another new successful era for Atletico Madrid as they defeated their neighbours Real Madrid 1-0 (aggregate 2-1) last night to lift the Spanish Super Cup. The only goal of the game came just 81 seconds after the game had kicked off and the scorer was Atletico’s new striker, Mario Mandzukic.
Angel Di Maria and Sami Khedira were missing in action and this will further fuel the transfer rumors surrounding the duo.
Atletico Madrid looked so solid and well organized from the start to the finish and were able to keep the expensive Real Madrid bunch at bay.
Neither the sending off Atletico Madrid coach, Diego Simeone for a spat with the fourth official or the introduction of World footballer of the year, Cristiano Ronaldo at half time could help Real Madrid on the night.
Check out some of the photos which captured the moment
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano
- Nigeria confirms 265 new cases of COVID-19, totalling 7,526
- In Borno State Governor Zulum Attends Eid Prayers While Social Distancing
- President Buhari Celebrates Eid-El-Fitr Privately Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Eid-el-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys 500 Officers In Yobe
- Kaduna State Healthcare Workers Begin 7-Day Warning Strike