Estimated Reading Time: <1
At just three days old, Amara Chiedozie had begun feeding herself. Yes, you read right, 3 DAYS!!! The little baby who was born of a Nigerian lady in the UK, Onyi Chiedozie grabbed her feeding bottle and without any assistance whatsoever has been feeding herself.
Now, she is three weeks old and she has mastered the act already. Onyi Chiedozie who is just 20 says she combines breast and bottle feeding for her new born. According to a Daily Mail UK report, here’s what Onyi said:
“She was crying as she was hungry and when we were feeding, she started shaking, then she just grabbed the bottle and she was holding it by herself.
We couldn’t believe it because babies don’t normally do it that young, I’m so shocked that I have been documenting it every day.
It’s unbelievable, even nurses are really surprised – when my health support nurse came she was shocked as well, she couldn’t believe that this could happen.
Whenever we go to appointments, we take pictures of her doing it.”
Little Amara was born on the 3rd of August to a single mum at the Queen’s Hospital, Romford, Essex. She weighed 6lb 3oz at birth.
“‘I just think she has a lot of strength, I’m not sure why though as she wasn’t particularly heavy when she was born. When she doesn’t want it she will push it away. She isn’t strong enough to throw it away, but she does push it away, like she does with her dummy. If she is really hungry, she starts shaking, then she will just grab the bottle as you give it to her”, her mum concluded.
It is interesting to know how this little baby grabbed the feeding bottle and has taken over the process ever since then. We hope she doesn’t cut off her mum’s breast someday 🙂
Photo Credit: Daily Mail UK
- Doctors call for state of emergency on COVID-19 in Kogi, Cross River
- Niger State civil servants threaten hunger strike over pay cut
- Lagos lawmaker, Tunde Braimoh dies from COVID-19 complications
- My house has never been searched by any security agency – Abdusalami Abubakar
- Buhari will on Friday sign the revised 2020 budget into law
- British High Commission to restart visa applications for Nigerians ready to travel to the UK
- Sokoto to construct flyovers with N10.2 billion
- Nigeria’s Vice President wants probe allegation he received N4bn from Ibrahim Magu
- A total of N281 billion has so far been released to the NDDC since 2016 – here’s why the senate declared open an investigation
- Attorney General, member Nasarawa state task force test positive for COVID-19