Estimated Reading Time:
You will recall the Enugu Professionals Forum (EPF) had through a statement by its Secretary-General, Nebechi Ugo accused the deputy governor of Enugu state of running a commercial poultry farm at the government house. This act according to the group goes against the public health policy of Enugu state.
The Deputy Governor of Enugu State, Sunday Onyebuchi who is currently facing an impeachment battle resumed his defence yesterday and addressed that accusation by also pointing accusing fingers at the Governor, Sullivan Chime. Onyebuchi said Chime was also running a poultry farm and even a piggery farm at the government house.
Onyebuchi also pointed out to the seven-man panel headed by Mr. Uche Franklyn Oraekeiyi that himself and the governor had been running poultry farms even before they came into office. The Deputy Governor did not however point out if the poultry farm being run by his boss currently is for commercial purpose.
The embattled deputy governor spoke to pressmen shortly after the panel commenced:
“Today, I was able to present to the panel other evidence to show that there was poultry at the government house. I got copies of the state government budget for 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 and in each of these budgets, you have evidence of the allocation for government house poultry and piggery and amount attached to it, and I was also able to prove that the amount was released. If they said there was no poultry, then let’s know why we have all these provisions all these years,” he said.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Chime Also Runs A Poultry Farm In Govt House - Deputy Governor, Onyebuchi and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- Former Governor, Donald Duke says insurgents get their weapons from security operatives
- US President-elect Joe Biden announces all-female senior press team
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor