Estimated Reading Time: <1
The national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party has said it is not aware that the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial a Crimes Commission, Mr. Nuhu Ribadu has defected to the party from the All Progressives Congress.
It said that though there were rumours that he had defected to the party, Ribadu was yet to formally defect to the ruling party.
The Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Mr. Ibrahim Jalo, who spoke with our correspondent in Abuja on Saturday, said because of this, there was no way the party would react to the rumour of his defection or not.
PUNCH Newpaper, Olusola Fabiyi says Jalo said, “We have not been told that he has defected. There are rumours here and there, but as I speak with you, we have not been told he has moved.
“It is after the official defection that we can be able to say whether he had moved or not and whether he will get waiver or not. Even at that, he has to ask for the waiver.”
Ribadu is under pressure from the national leadership of the party and the Presidency to defect and contest the governorship election of Adamawa State under the platform of the ruling PDP.
The former chairman of the EFCC was the presidential candidate of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria in 2011.
- SEGA says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists
- Just In: Police arrests 25-year-old Wasiu Bankole for allegedly raping a 70-year-old woman
- Innovation in Times of Crisis: How a Nigerian Inventor is taking the lead
- Senate queries CBN over ‘missing’ $3.3 billion
- Nassarawa to get N8.1bn for the construction of multipurpose dam from FG