Estimated Reading Time: <1
The one time member of ruling People’s Democratic Party, PDP and a former Governor of Kwara State, Dr. Bukola Saraki, on Friday said the All Progressives Congress will have a landslide victory in the 2015 elections at the presidential and other levels.
Senator Saraki who assures the people of the state that the PDP will be shown the back door stated that the victory of APC at the recent governorship election in Osun State has brightened APC’s chances in the general elections.
Speaking at APC stakeholders’ meeting in Ilorin, he added that the outcome of the election has also shown that no federal might can subvert the popular wish of the people.
Saraki said, “We’ve now come to an era when the federal might cannot impose candidate on the people, it is the people now that elect leaders of their choice.”
The Senator alongside many others who defected to the APC are yet to be recognized as defectees in the upper chamber following a decision by the President of the senate not to declare their seats vacant but they’ve publicly declared and registered for the APC.
- Planned protest by the Trade Union Congress, ill-advised – Presidency
- “COVID-19 pandemic responsible for sack of pilots” – Air Peace Management confirms NewsWireNGR Exclusive story
- “We are appalled by the worsening security situation” – Nigerian Governors break silence in a letter to President Buhari
- Opinion: The price of under-policing in Nigeria
- Candidate in the NBA elections, Dele Adesina, seeks election cancellation
- Just In: Ekiti workers suspend warning strike
- ‘Oshiomhole seeking the third term as a governor’ by proxy – Edo State Deputy Governor
- Oyewole Michael: One year after, will Dadiyata ever be found?
- NDDC Management denies fresh corruption allegations in new statement
- Lagos Chamber of Commerce says NIPOST guidelines must be removed