Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Inspector-General of Police, IGP MD Abubakar, CFR, NPM, mni, psc has instituted a high-powered investigation team made up of very seasoned investigators to unearth the perpetrators of the recent bomb attack in Kaduna in which thirty-nine (39) Nigerians unfortunately lost their lives while thirty-seven (37) others got injured just as the former Head of State, General Mohammadu Buhari and the respected Islamic cleric, Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi narrowly escaped unhurt.
The team of investigators, which is expected to work in close collaboration with other security agencies, is headed by the Commissioner of Police in charge of Legal Department, DCP Nwodibo Ekechukwu. Other members of the team include: DCP Chris Ezike of the Federal SARS, DCP Dan Mallam of the Monitoring Unit and DCP Adeyemi Ogunjemilusi of the Interpol Unit and others.
Meanwhile, on the orders of the IGP, security has been tightened in all states of the federation, particularly in the states perceived to be more vulnerable to terror attacks. While appealing to all Nigerians, particularly Kaduna residents to remain calm, the IGP calls on the citizens to cooperate with the security agencies by providing them with relevant information to solve the crime.
- Multinational Joint Task Force says Boko Haram is now recruiting child soldiers
- Court adjourns trial of Former AGF Mohammed Adoke, Abubakar
- Multiple port charges escalate cargo delay at terminals – NAGAFF
- How my pastor trafficked me to Russia for prostitution; A hair stylist’s harrowing experience highlights Nigeria’s human trafficking problem
- Breaking: NBC fines Nigeria Info FM N5m over Obadiah Mailaifa interview
- Magu’s lawyer writes probe panel, alleges ‘secrecy’ and violation of rights
- We raised hate speech fine to N5 million because when it was N500,000 people were reckless – Lai Mohammed
- Ooni Of Ife wants #BBNaija reality show replaced
- Police arraign two brothers over Flying Officer Tolu Arotile’s death
- Squeeze out old politicians who want to remain in power perpetually Obasanjo tells Youths