Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria Super Eagles striker, Brown Ideye, has signed for English Premiership side, West Bromwich Albion for a fee of 10 million pounds.
The 25-year-old signed a three-year deal with an option to increase it by a year. He has been given jersey number nine and is to play alongside his compatriot, Victor Anichebe.
“Brown is a quality striker and I’m looking forward to working with him,” head coach Alan Irvine told the club’s website
“He’s a strong, quick, powerful player who likes to get in behind defences and has plenty of Champions League and international experience,” he added.
Brown Ideye joins West Brom from Ukranaian side, Dynamo Kiev. He has played for Ocean Boys football club in the Nigerian League and also for clubs in Switzerland and France.
He was a prominent part of the Nigerian squad that won the African Nations Cup but was not selected for the World Cup.
- Breaking: After agitations for his resignation, Sheikh Isa Pantami forced to renounce comments on Al Qaeda, Taliban
- ‘Dr Muazu Babangida Aliyu Lied,’ – Jonah Jang says Northern governors didn’t work against Jonathan
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results