Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria Super Eagles striker, Brown Ideye, has signed for English Premiership side, West Bromwich Albion for a fee of 10 million pounds.
The 25-year-old signed a three-year deal with an option to increase it by a year. He has been given jersey number nine and is to play alongside his compatriot, Victor Anichebe.
“Brown is a quality striker and I’m looking forward to working with him,” head coach Alan Irvine told the club’s website
“He’s a strong, quick, powerful player who likes to get in behind defences and has plenty of Champions League and international experience,” he added.
Brown Ideye joins West Brom from Ukranaian side, Dynamo Kiev. He has played for Ocean Boys football club in the Nigerian League and also for clubs in Switzerland and France.
He was a prominent part of the Nigerian squad that won the African Nations Cup but was not selected for the World Cup.
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English