Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Lagos State Chapter of PDP has come out strongly vowing to repel any direct or decoy action aimed at blackmailing or attacking any of its members as it approaches the 2015 general elections, stating that former Governor, Bola Tinubu, will be held responsible if any of its leaders, followers or Governorship hopefuls is again murdered.
A statement by Taofik Gani, Spokesman of the state chapter, said the Party’s strong vow is a reaction to Tinubu’s frontal accusation that Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, Minister of State for Defence, is concentrating more on Politics than Insecurity. Apparently a fall out of the alleged roles attributed to Senator Obanikoro for PDP to win Ekiti governorship election.
The Lagos State PDP further describes the former Governor’s public outburst as not only irrational, but a clear sign of a frustrated, diseased blackmailer and desperate emperor who wants to hold on to southwest and Lagos State in particular. Indeed, it is the attitude of a drowning man, this time around struggling for Political survival.
“On our part, we shall not underestimate the desperation of Tinubu. We however promise him that no hatchet plot against any of our members shall prosper.”
The Lagos state PDP consequently admonished the former Governor to come to terms with the New political realities in the southwest and lagos in particular. “One of such is to accept the expiry of his control and the political superiority of Senator Obanikoro to defeat him in a free and fair election”
“By the unwarranted public outburst of Tinubu attacking the Person of Senator Obanikoro, our Party member, we can now see that the frustration, desperation and drowning-man attitude has reached an embarrassing crescendo. This is long awaited required proof to confirm reports of Lagos APC clandestine meetings to blackmail, Implicate or physically attack Lagos PDP members as we approach 2015 election which Tinubu is jittery to loose.
“Historically, Tinubu’s current Political travails can be traced to the last Local Government elections in Lagos State, when the young son of Senator Obanikoro, Ibrahim Babajide, defeated the former governor in his Polling Unit. The former governor had since then seen Senator Obanikoro as a potential threat to his political and extortionate control in the State, thus Tinubu’s sponsored Media and Physical attacks on Obanikoro and some of our other leaders. We remember well the build up of events that led to the murder of Engr. Funsho Williams, our Governorship hopeful in 2007. We are thus not going to be slow in reaction this time.” statement concluded.
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor
- Minister, Godswill Akpabio denies collecting N500m NDDC projects
- Kiki Osinbajo responds to allegations of N800m property ownership
- Breaking: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, joins PDP
- Buhari appoints Mohammed Umar as acting chairman of the EFCC
- President Buhari signs revised N10.8trn 2020 budget into law