Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Director General of the National Orientation Agency (NOA) Mr. Mike Omeri has commended the Independent National Electorate Commission (INEC) for living up to its pledge to conduct a free and fair election in the just concluded governorship poll in Ekiti State.
The DG who was full of praises for the people of Ekiti said the conduct of the election without violence has shown that the spirit of DoThe Right Thing to transform Nigeria is beginning to bear fruit.
According to him, INEC has proved itself once more by the early deployment of material and the declaration of result at a record time.
Mr Omeri while congratulating the winner of the Ekiti gubernatorial election, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, he advised him to be a sportsman and be magnanimous in victory, knowing that he requires the support of all to succeed.
Speaking on the disposition of the Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi who has already conceded to the PDP candidate, he commended him for his leadership qualities especially in accepting defeat and pledging to work with the in-coming governor.
“This is a rare show of the spirit of patriotism which must be emulated by other politicians” he said.
- Federal Government is set to shut the Third Mainland Bridge for six months
- Journalists barred as Magu faces panel in Aso Rock while DSS denies arrest
- DSS has said it did not arrest Mr Ibrahim Magu, EFCC acting chairman
- Fredrick Nwabufo: EFCC’s Magu ‘arrested’: When the hunter becomes the bush meat
- Governor Ganduje of Kano has said that PDP is only interested in looting Edo State Treasury
- National Assembly to hold hearing on sexual and gender based violence in Nigeria
- Anti-Corruption activist; Hamzat Lawal declines NCF invitation
- Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has been arrested by the Department of State Services.
- Kenya resumes international flight operations
- Fed Gov’t announced some lifelines for the broadcast industry – here’s what you need to know