Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), had in addition to the over 15,000 personnel deployed to Ekiti State, disclosed that it had mobilised over 150 latest specie of sniffer dogs from Russia to comb the entire state for a peaceful and credible election.
Speaking to Journalists yesterday, the Deputy Commandant General, Operations, Evans Ewurum, who led the troop to Ekiti State, assured that every necessary security arrangements have been made to ensure a hitch-free-election.
Ewurum said: “We are not here on a jamboree, we are not here to shoot anybody neither we hunters but we are here to create enabling environment for credible election in the State.
“Because of what we had, we have mobilised over 15,000 personnel to cover the 16 local government areas of the state. Every polling unit must show the presence of NSCDC officers with other security agencies”.
He further assured that the corps was expecting serious synergy with other security agencies in the election.
“We have also mobilised our sniffer dogs, the latest dogs that arrived from Russia and Ukraine are all here to watch over the process. All the hot spots in case anybody wants to plan any mischief.
“Our anti-terrorism squad is here, counter-terrorism is here. We also have our chemical and biological unit, the operation and disaster management unit is here. You can see all our Ambulances are all here. In other words, we are highly equipped and well prepared with officers and men that have gotten the skills”, he said.
He advised those he described as mischief makers to relocate from Ekiti as there would be no hiding place for them.
- Sokoto to construct flyovers with N10.2 billion
- Nigeria’s Vice President wants probe allegation he received N4bn from Ibrahim Magu
- A total of N281 billion has so far been released to the NDDC since 2016 – here’s why the senate declared open an investigation
- Attorney General, member Nasarawa state task force test positive for COVID-19
- Nigeria begin evacuation of another batch of citizens stranded in Europe
- Opinion: Violence in Nigeria has taken diverse forms in recent times
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs
- Just In: Nigeria develops, launches COVID-19 test kit
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande