Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), had in addition to the over 15,000 personnel deployed to Ekiti State, disclosed that it had mobilised over 150 latest specie of sniffer dogs from Russia to comb the entire state for a peaceful and credible election.
Speaking to Journalists yesterday, the Deputy Commandant General, Operations, Evans Ewurum, who led the troop to Ekiti State, assured that every necessary security arrangements have been made to ensure a hitch-free-election.
Ewurum said: “We are not here on a jamboree, we are not here to shoot anybody neither we hunters but we are here to create enabling environment for credible election in the State.
“Because of what we had, we have mobilised over 15,000 personnel to cover the 16 local government areas of the state. Every polling unit must show the presence of NSCDC officers with other security agencies”.
He further assured that the corps was expecting serious synergy with other security agencies in the election.
“We have also mobilised our sniffer dogs, the latest dogs that arrived from Russia and Ukraine are all here to watch over the process. All the hot spots in case anybody wants to plan any mischief.
“Our anti-terrorism squad is here, counter-terrorism is here. We also have our chemical and biological unit, the operation and disaster management unit is here. You can see all our Ambulances are all here. In other words, we are highly equipped and well prepared with officers and men that have gotten the skills”, he said.
He advised those he described as mischief makers to relocate from Ekiti as there would be no hiding place for them.
- COVID-19: Kano Governor orders ease of lockdown
- President Buhari suspends NSITF MD, four directors
- ‘I am not part of the National Consultative Front’ — Agbakoba denies new political movement
- Retirees in Osun protest non-payment of entitlements since 2015
- AfDB panel to review report on Adesina
- Nigeria stock market may end 2020 in red – Uwaleke
- Nigerian Labour Congress rejects new fuel price
- Buhari gives marching orders for revenue drive
- Just In: Ondo Commissioner for Health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro dies
- High Court dismisses suit against Adams Oshiomhole