Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State at the Iwo Rally asked his supporters to defy the soldiers and police during the August 9 governorship election in the state.
All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate enjoined his supporters not to be intimidated by the presence of soldiers and police officers at the polling centers.
According to him, “If soldiers attempt to shoot you, do not run away from them. They can’t kill all of you. In fact, any soldier that kills more than 200 people will be killed.”
He contended that attempts to rig the election by soldiers and police officers would be resisted by the electorate and urged his supporters not to leave the polling centres until the election results are announced.
- Former NNPC GMD, Maikanti Baru, is Dead
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt
- Nigeria has failed to bring justice for mass atrocities committed during the Biafran war
- Six Airforce personnel jailed over Alex Badeh’s killing
- Former GMD of NNPC, Maikanti Baru is dead
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law
- APC accuses Bauchi Governor of starving state assembly of funds