Estimated Reading Time: <1
Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo has condemned Sunday’s attempt to bomb the Living Faith Church, located on Port Harcourt Road, Owerri.
Okorocha, who addressed newsmen condemned the act, and commended the security agencies for their timely intervention.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports that the two improvised explosive devices (IEDs) were hidden under a flower pot at the entrance to the church.
The governor urged the people of the state to be security conscious at all times and to report any strange objects or movement around them to the security agencies.
Okorocha said that the explosives planted at the church premises could have killed many innocent people, if they had exploded.
The Commissioner of Police in Imo, Mr. Abdulmajid Ali, however said that six persons had been arrested in connection with the incident.
He also said that the anti-bomb squad deployed to the church detonated the bomb on arrival.
- APC plans to use Ganduje, Yahyah Bello and Uzodinma to derail Edo election – PDP
- Stamp duty will now be paid on house rent and C of O – FIRS
- No differences to sort out in APC, says Tinubu
- EFCC arraigns Malabu Oil, six others over $1 billion fraud
- Plateau State Chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19
- COVID-19: Akwa Ibom has not received any financial assistance from FG – Gov Udom Emmanuel
- 24 hours after Ayade’s ‘party’ to celebrate zero COVID-19, UCTH announce 5 positive cases
- Ondo State Governor’s wife, Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, aide test positive for COVID-19
- NUJ wants Ondo Governor to declare 14 days lockdown
- Nigeria’s debt portfolio of has risen to N28.63tn