Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria and Chelsea FC midfielder, John Obi Mikel, who is making his debut after missing out on South Africa 2010 due to last minute knee surgery, said that it is a dream come true to play the World Cup in Brazil where the Eagles hope to last the distance.
“We want to make sure we stay here till the end of the tournament, we want to play the finals, we want to win the Cup, same as everyone, nothing short of that,” Mikel told journalists.
“We want to make sure we go a step ahead of where we normally finish in this tournament. It’s going to be tough but it’s one we’re looking forward to.”
“It is [a dream come true to play at the World Cup], it is my first World Cup. I missed out on the last one with a knee surgery. This time I’m fit and I’m ready and hopefully we all can have a good tournament,” he said.
- Sharia court in Kano sentences 60 year old Man to death by stoning for Rape
- Former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, Dies at 90
- How are bandits getting weapons? Buhari queries Service Chiefs
- UNILAG Vice-Chancellor, Ogundipe responds to sack notice. Says it is a ‘figment of the imagination’
- Borno Governor appoints new Chief Of Staff
- Insecurity: Allow responsible citizens carry weapons, Benue Governor tells FG
- Transportation costs might increase as Lagos government introduces new taxes
- Film Censors Board issues 30-day notice on mandatory content registration
- Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, in a new audio condemns Kano death sentence
- After NewsWireNGR Exclusive, Nigerian Govt assures, ‘Air Peace will recall some sacked pilots’