Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima has revealed to the BBC that he has information as to the whereabouts of the more than 200 abducted Chibok girls kidnapped by radical Boko Haram sect.
According to Governor Shettima, “We have reports of them being sighted”.
The Governor said he had passed reports of the sightings of the girls to the military for verification.
Mr Shettima added that he did not think the girls had been taken across the border to Chad or Cameroon as reported by some local and international media.
Boko Haram has admitted capturing the school girls, saying they should never have been in school and should get married instead. The group has also threatened to sell the girls as “slaves”.
Boko Haram has been engaged in a violent campaign against the Nigerian government since 2009 and the Borno State government has experienced the worst assault as compared to other Nigerian North-Eastern states.
- Fredrick Nwabufo: IPOB/Oduduwa agitators’ alliance: Igbo, Yoruba were meant to be together
- Delta State AG and 136 other lawyers, shortlisted for rank of SAN
- Ibrahim Magu wants anyone who has ever offered him a bribe to “come out publicly”
- Nigeria’s presidential jet- one out of the fleet is up for sale
- Obaseki and PDP leaks false information to the media says Ize-Iyamu
- Humanitarian affairs minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq gets married
- UN at 75: Southern Kaduna And The Responsibility To Protect
- Yobe Governor appoints 30 social media aides
- Insincerity, Bad Faith and Isomorphic Mimicry: The Harmonised Police Bill 2020 in Focus
- Buhari will on Thursday depart Abuja for Bissau