Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian forward, Peter Osaze Odemwingie who plies his trade with Stoke FC of England has donated N1 million to his former club Bendel Insurance FC Benin, Edo State.
Presenting the money at the weekend to the club on behalf of Odemwengie, an associate, Austin Uwagboe said the donation was part of the striker’s way of showing appreciation.
Odemwingie had earlier donated jerseys and other training kits to Bendel Insurance FC.
Receiving the funds, the sole administrator of the club, Austin Eguavoen applauded the footballer for his contribution to the growth of the club.
Eguavoen also called on influential Edo people and former Insurance players to emulate Odemwingie in coming to the assistance of the club.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems