Estimated Reading Time: <1
Seven (7) undergraduate of various tertiary institutions in Nigeria have been arrested by the Economics and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), over internet scam (Yahoo-Yahoo)
They were arrested in two different houses at Lekki County Homes and Lekki Phase 1 area of Eti-Osa Local Government Area of Lagos state following intelligence report about their illegal business.
EFCC spokesperson, Wilson Uwujaren, said the seven suspects were arrested on the 6th of April after raid on the houses.the raid on the two houses on April 6, led to the arrest of seven suspects, all undergraduates, and study various courses in some of the nation’s tertiary institutions.
“The undergraduates, who are within the age-range of 21 and 29 years, include Elete Fred Debi, a 500-level student of Physics/Production Technology of the University of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State. Others are: Ese Iriruaga, 300-level student of Geology, Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State; Couson Jimmy, 300-level student of Computer Science, Benson Idahosa, University, Benin-City,Edo State; Anthony Onos, 200-level student of Political Science, Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State; Omene Stephen, 200-level student of Computer Science, University of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State; Kome Emmanuel, 200-level student of Petroleum Engineering, University of Port-Harcourt and Shola Muyiwa of the Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun, Delta State.”
One of the suspects, Shola Muyiwa, confessed that lately collected $100 from one of his victims, Dora Hunt, based in North Carolina, United States of America.
Items recovered from the suspects include: a Range Rover Evogue; Honda Crosstour , Mercedes Benz C 300 4matic, S 300 Mercedes Benz, Acura ZDX SUV, laptop computers, expensive phones and ipads
The EFCC spokesperson, Uwujaren revealed that the suspects will soon be charged to court as soon as investigation is concluded.
PHOTO CREDIT: Dailypost.NG
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?