Estimated Reading Time: <1
A youth corper in Asaba, Delta state was murdered this weekend at the administrative headquarters of Esan West Local Government Area in Ekpoma, Edo State by unknown gunmen.
We hear Mr. Osaro Edeghonghon was killed at about 9:00an at a bar along the Benin-Auchi road. Vanguard reports reveals that an aide to the chairman of Esan?West Local Government Area was killed by a woman at the same pub a fortnight ago.
The killers approached late Edeghonghon while he was leaving the bar. Upon sensing danger, the corper fled but his murderers chased him and caught up with him before shooting at him severally until he gave up the ghost
Meanwhile, the deceased’s father, Mr. Patrick Edeghonghon believes the police is not handling the case properly as he has been denied access to one of the murder suspect.
Mr Patrick urged the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Folusho Adebanjo to help ensure that justice is done to the case of his son’s murder.
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!