Estimated Reading Time: <1
Osita Iheme, a.k.a Paw Paw, has written an SOS letter to President Goodluck Jonathan raising a pensive observation following the release of Nigeria’s new Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by the Minister of Finance earlier this week revealing that telecommunication and the Entertainment Industry contributed 8.6 and 1.4 per cent respectively to the nation’s GDP.
In his observation, despite the fact that the industry has not officially reflected in the current statistics, statistics show that, the industry has contributed immensely to the growth of the nation.
Paw Paw told R in a brief interview during the week following this development, that it was high time the industry had its own ministry since it is one of the areas that boosted the nation’s economy.
The actor called on the Federal Government to create a ministry so that the industry can have its annual budget and other necessary requirements. “The industry had been fending for itself over the years, but it has not received support from the government, yet report showed that we had boosted the growth of economy in the country without support from the government,” he added.
Content Credit: Nigerian Tribune
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence