Estimated Reading Time: <1
Mr. Yusuf Onimisi, who went missing after tweeting pictures of an attempted jail break in Abuja, following the attempted Jail break at the SSS headquarters has been released.
Confirming his release to newsmen, his uncle, Mahmud Yakub, said “Isiyaka Yusuf Onimisi, who live-twitted the March 30th attempted jailbreak at the State Security Service headquarter with the twitter handle @ciaxon, has been released after 12 days in captivity”.
Though the SSS has not made any statement to confirm or deny that they arrested and detained him, but sources insists that Mr Onimisi was held by the Secret police.
For 12 days, Mr. Yusuf Onimisi, was not seen or heard from after tweeting images of the encounter between security forces and detainees attempting to escape from the State Security Service (SSS) headquarters.
The arrest of the citizen said to be working with the Aso Rock power station elicited protest and public outcry starting from the social media blogging site twitter.
Human rights watchdog, Amnesty International, on Friday had raised an alarm over the fate of Mr. Onimisi and demanded that the security forces should immediately disclose his whereabouts and legal status.
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court