Estimated Reading Time: <1
Arik Airlines has issued an apology over an incident on a flight from Lagos to New York on March 31st, 2014. Online News platform, Sahara Reporters had posted a video which showed passengers protesting of the flight’s poor air conditioning system and the poor response of the airline’s management.
Check out the Arik Air apology below:
To all guest who travelled on flight W3107 (from Lagos, Nigeria to JFK, New York) on 31st March 2014, Arik Air offers an unconditional apology, for the inconvenience and discomfort caused by both the 55 minute delayed flight departure and the failure of the airplane’s air-conditioning system prior to said departure.
In this regard, the experienced schedule delay was a result of complications related to the cargo loading process as managed by Arik Air’s contracted ground-handling agent. Unfortunately, whilst efforts were rightly being expended to overcome the cargo loading difficulties, the backup air conditioning unit (which should have been provided by our ground handling agent) was declared unserviceable and thus unavailable for use. Upon resolution of the cargo loading difficulties, the air-conditioning system was finally restored as the aircraft prepared for immediate departure under its own engine power.
Arik Air, and its Management, acknowledges that the handling of the situation on board was less than satisfactory and falls well short of the high standards of service that its esteemed travelling guest have come to expect of us (and which we demand of ourselves). Arik Air’s Management wishes to assure our esteemed guests that the necessary remedial measures have been initiated to prevent the repetition of such an incident to the extent possible/controllable.
Arik Air is committed to providing a safe and comfortable air transport service to every guest and on every journey. Arik Air wishes to thank all guests who endured this inconvenience patiently, despite both the trying circumstance and the unfortunate exhibition of aggression, to both people and property, by a minority of unruly passengers onboard the aircraft.
Arik Air values, greatly, its relationship with her guest. Hence, to all the affected guests, please note that we intend to pursue the restoration of the trust and faith vested in us by your good-selves. In this respect, Arik Air shall be contacting each affected guest on flight W3107 31st March 2014, to express these sentiments (and seek such restitution of trust) individually.
Once again, please accept our humble and sincere apologies. You and your patronage are dear to us. We exist to serve you and we look forward to doing so again in the near future.
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t