Estimated Reading Time: <1
Very few football aficionados will desire a war of words with Chelsea FC boss, Jose Mourinho. Well it seems former Dutch footballer and ex Catalonia football team manager, Johan Cruyff is set to tow that path. Cruyff has condemned Mourinho for consistently condemning his players whenever they lose.
Mourinho has in the past stated that his players are not good enough to be premier league winners this season, an opinion Cruyff seems to disagree with. ‘The Happy One’ also termed his defenders ‘ridiculous’ after his side fell 1-3 to Paris Saint-Germain in a Champions Leage quarter-final fixture on Wednesday.
The dutch man who also starred for Ajax and Barcelona during his playing years believes Mourinho will lose the Chelsea dressing room just as he lost the Real Madrid dressing room also.
Speaking to Telegraaf, Cruyff had this to say:
“PSG have a strong team with some great players. Chelsea have some great players as well, but Mourinho seems to disagree.”
“It’s always the same with him. When things are going well, it’s the result of his good work, but the players are to blame when things are going badly. He already lost the dressing room at Real Madrid because of that and I can see the same happen at Chelsea.
“The problem with Mourinho is that he only cares about results. The result is more important than his players. He always thinks short-term and that’s simply not my thing.”
Mourinho’s Chelsea will file out tomorrow (Tuesday) against PSG at Stamford Bridge for the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final tie.
- Buhari sacks NAPTIP DG, Julie Okah-Donli, replaces her with Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim
- Finance bill passes through first reading
- Boko Haram: We will do all it takes to secure Nigeria, Vice President Osinbajo says
- Gentle Humans to Potential Killers; Understanding the Reasons Behind Child-Cultism
- House of Reps to summon Buhari over insecurity
- Senate has confirmed Professor Mahmood Yakubu as INEC chairman
- Breaking: Boko Haram claims responsibility for Zabarmari Massacre
- Buhari is satisfied with security chiefs; Garba Shehu says
- Lagos judicial panel restricts journalists from using mobile phones at sitting
- Breaking: Again, lawmakers beg Buhari to sack service chiefs