Estimated Reading Time: <1
The injury Victor Valdes sustained during his side’s 3-0 victory against Celta Vigo on Wednesday night. Barcelona’s first choice goalkeeper was stretchered off in the 23rd minute of the match after he tried collecting a loose ball and landed awkwardly.
Barca’s medical services team rushed him to the hospital as the game went on. It has now been revealed that Valdes will undergo surgery for his damaged anterior cruciate ligament.
This injury may keep him out for months and will likely see the Spaniard miss out of the World Cup in Brazil this June.
Earlier this season, Valdes had suffered a calf injury during an international friendly in South Africa. That injury kept him out for eight matches.
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country