Estimated Reading Time: <1
Chelsea humiliated Arsenal with a 6-0 victory on Arsene Wenger’s 1,000th game in charge for Arsenal.
Chelsea scored first on five minutes when Samuel Eto’o curled a left-footed shot past Wojciech Szczesny from the edge of the box, just after Olivier Giroud wasted a great chance. Three minutes later, Andre Schurrle made it two from the same spot after receiving a pass from Nemanja Matic.
On 15 minutes, Eden Hazard’s shot, already going wide, was handled by the diving Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Andre Marriner then mistakenly sent Kieran Gibbs off as the match descended into farce. Hazard converted the penalty, stroking it down the middle of the goal.
On 42 minutes, Chelsea scored their fourth when Fernando Torres crossed from the right for Oscar to blast into the net.
The second half was far less frantic, with Santi Cazorla dragging his shot wide, and Oscar having a shot tipped over. Then, on 66 minutes, Oscar made it five when his low shot from the edge of the box was missed by Wojciech Szczesny’s dive.
Mohamed Salah then scored his first Chelsea goal, running onto a Matic long ball to finish low past Szczesny. It remains Chelsea’s title to lose.
Content Credit: Eurosport
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away
- Recovered loots ‘relooted’ must be ‘re-recovered’ – Former Governor Ayodele Fayose said Ibrahim Magu, sold recovered assets under his watch to his associates
- Nigeria evacuating stranded citizens in Malaysia and Thailand
- How Nigerian Immigration stopped 58 doctors from travelling to the United Kingdom
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor