Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Goodluck Jonathan has sent the name of Zainab Bulkachuwa to the Senate for confirmation as the President of the Court of Appeal.
Ms. Bulkachuwa is already a judge at the court.
The nomination must be confirmed by the Senate before the judge can be sworn-in.
Ms. Bulkachuwa will head Nigeria’s second highest court at a time Nigeria’s judiciary is also headed by a female.
Mariam Aloma Mukhtar was appointed first female Chief Justice of the Federation by President Goodluck Jonathan in 2012.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems