Estimated Reading Time: <1
Two separate road accidents have claimed about fifty-five (55) lives in Damagum and Gashua areas of Yobe State, the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) in Yobe state has confirmed.
This was disclosed to journalists in the state capital of Yobe, Damaturu by the Public Relation Officer of the Commission, Yusuf Sani. The accident which occurred along Gashua-Garin Alkali road claimed 20 lives; 16 women and 4 men.
The second accident was on Monday morning along Damaturu-Potiskum road and about 35 lives were lost while 7 others were injured.
The Public Relations Officer attributed the accidents to “over-speeding and dangerous overtaking.”
Those who sustained injuries have been taken to Damagum General Hospital while the corpses have been deposited in the mortuary.
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence