Estimated Reading Time: <1
Earlier in the days rumors emanated as news on several media platforms (NewswireNGR excluded) that Nigeria’s Honourable Minister of Defence, Lt Gen Aliyu Gusau has resigned.
Well, that story is false. The Ministry of Defence has released a concise statement through its Director of Press, Shehu Makai to that effect. The statement reads:
Our attention have been drawn to a media posting on the social network to the effect that the Honourable Minister of Defence, Lt Gen Aliyu Gusau has resigned; and wish to state, categorically, that the minister has not resign his appointment.
We thank all those that have called to verify the rumour and reassure you all that Lt Gen Aliyu Gusau remains the Minister of Defence.
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?