Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Governor Jonah Jang faction of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) has dissociated itself and other governors in his camp from the ongoing retreat being organised by the Governor Chibuike Amaechi-led faction.
In a statement released in Abuja and signed by the Media Officer, Kassim Yakubu, the Jang-led of the forum stated that it had come to their knowledge that there was a programme in circulation naming its members as participants.
The statement further said this was a cunning attempt to give the retreat credibility following the dismal showing of the first one held in Sokoto last year.
“They have realised that Nigerians now know that they are an opposition governors’ forum and the only way to get credibility now is to invoke the names of governors who clearly do not belong to their group nor share in their vision of turning the governors’ forum into an anti-federal government body,” the statement added.
“The first retreat turned out to be an anti-federal government venting exercise and did not gain any traction with the public who want the governors to stick with their primary functions of running their states and the objectives of the NGF which is to work in cohesion with all other tiers of government to deliver the needed development to the Nigerian people,” the group further said.
The statement predicted that the planned retreat would turn out to be another federal government bashing get-together where the opposition script would be acted out.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists