Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Chairman of Nigeria’s House of Representatives Committee on Sports, Godfrey Gaiya recently unveiled the new Super Eagles jersey unveiled recently. Gaiya condemned the lemon-green feel of the jersey which is a deviation from the dark green on the Nigerian flag.
Former Nigerian football Association Chairman, Kojo Williams has condemned Gaiya’s criticisms as he believes it is right for Nigeria to move with the trend of attractive jerseys. Williams yesterday disagreed with Gaiya’s stance:
“I totally disagree with Gaiya who condemned the jersey because the green was not exactly as deep as the one in our flag,”
“We should move with time. These days you light up things to make them beautiful. If the colour is strikingly beautiful and has semblance of our colour then it is in order. If Gaiya has issues with the quality of the jersey I’ll stand with him but not on the reasons that he announced”.
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled