Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Chairman of Nigeria’s House of Representatives Committee on Sports, Godfrey Gaiya recently unveiled the new Super Eagles jersey unveiled recently. Gaiya condemned the lemon-green feel of the jersey which is a deviation from the dark green on the Nigerian flag.
Former Nigerian football Association Chairman, Kojo Williams has condemned Gaiya’s criticisms as he believes it is right for Nigeria to move with the trend of attractive jerseys. Williams yesterday disagreed with Gaiya’s stance:
“I totally disagree with Gaiya who condemned the jersey because the green was not exactly as deep as the one in our flag,”
“We should move with time. These days you light up things to make them beautiful. If the colour is strikingly beautiful and has semblance of our colour then it is in order. If Gaiya has issues with the quality of the jersey I’ll stand with him but not on the reasons that he announced”.
- British citizens in Nigeria to be evacuated to the UK – Geoffrey Onyeama
- 43% of Nigerians have lost their jobs since COVID-19, this study deserves your attention
- Breaking: Buhari writes National Assembly, wants a fresh $5.513bn loan
- Just In: Nigerian civil aviation releases new Post-COVID protocol for international flights resumption
- Just In: Gunmen abduct Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, demand N20 million
- NHRC urge 11 Northern states to domesticate the Child’s Rights Act
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening