Estimated Reading Time: <1
Fuji legend, Alhaji Abass Akande known in music circles as Obesere has been apprehended by the Lagos state police for allegedly raping Miss Olanike Olaiya. Olanike is a 29 years old business woman who resides in the Okota axis of Lagos.
The victim who holds a National Diploma graduate of business administration from Ibadan Polytechnic narrated the story to Vanguard newspaper:
“I got to know Obesere through one of my friends, Mrs Bola Okoro. She told me that Obesere would assist me in my business.
“I deal in office equipment and when I contacted Obesere, he asked me to meet him in his family house at Okota. When I met him, I introduced my business to him and he promised to connect me to some of his friends in Dubai who would sell goods to me on credit.
“After the discussion, he started demanding for sex and I refused and when I wanted to leave, he insisted I should sleep over in his house because it was late and he claimed that it was dangerous to go out late in the night in his area.”
“I thought he was a responsible man and I decided to sleep over, but at the dead of the night, he came into the room where I slept and pounced on me.”
“He raped me and afterwards inserted a ring he wore into my private part and I started bleeding. He hurriedly left me in the room saying he had an appointment to fulfil.”
“I could not bear the trauma and the bleeding and I reported the matter to the police.”
According to Vanguard, Obesere was arrested last Wednesday by Policemen attached to the Isolo Police Division. The fuji artiste was ater released on administrative bail. On Monday when a medical examination was conducted on Olaiya had shown she was actually raped, the Fuji artiste was re-arrested. The matter had been transferred to State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Panti, Yaba.
According to Police sources, Obesere via his statement denied the rape incident. He claimed the lady was his lover and they only had sex when she visited. He said he had asked her to visit a private hospital when she revealed she was bleeding but to his surprise, she reported to the police that she was raped.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems