Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday swore in nine ministers and assigned them portfolios.
During the ceremony which took place at the Council Chamber of the Presidential Villa, the president also dropped the Minister of Sports, Bolaji Abdullahi and announced his replacement.
President Jonathan asked the new ministers to assume work immediately by participating in the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting which held after the ceremony.
Jonathan charged the new ministers to see public office as public trust and to serve people without fear or favour.
He said their appointment was a call to service and they should bring value to their new offices in line with the transformation agenda of his administration.
The president also charged them to be innovative and creative and do things differently to bring positive changes to the administration.
Jonathan stressed that the Ministers should work closely with one another, the permanent secretaries, directors and staff in their various ministries.
The ministers and their new portfolios include Sen. Musiliu Obanikoro (Lagos), Minister of State Defence; Alhaji Mohammed Wakil (Borno), Minister of State Power; Alhaji Abduljelili Adesiyan (Osun), Minister of Police Affairs and Alhaji Aminu Wali (Kano), Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Others are Mrs Akon Eyakenyi (Akwa Ibom), Minister of Land, Housing and Urban Development; Mrs Lawrencia Laraba-Mallam (Kaduna), Minister of Environment; Dr Tamuno Danagog (Rivers), Minister of Sports and Hajia Asabe Ahmed (Niger), Minister of State Agriculture.
The rest are Gen. Aliyu Gusau (Zamfara), Minister of Defence; Boni Haruna (Adamawa), Minister of Youth Development and Dr Khaliru Alhassan (Sokoto), Minister of State, Health.
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt