Estimated Reading Time: <1
English Premier League side, Newcastle United have slammed their manager Alan Pardew with a fine £100,000 a formal warning for headbutting Hull City midfielder David Meyler.
The 52 years old manager was sent to the stand for the incident during the second half of the game which Newcastle won 4-1 at the KC Stadium.
“We have held discussions with Alan, who has offered his sincere apologies,”
“It is clear he deeply regrets his actions,” a club statement revealed
The English Football Association has also revealed it will investigate the incident.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems