Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria will face England, Mexico and Korea Republic in Group C of the preliminary round of the 2014 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup, Goal reports.
The draw ceremony which commenced 10 pm (Nigeria time) in Montreal, Canada was greeted with great fanfare that showcased the culture of the country.
It was a spectacular treat that left mouths wide open including the crème de la crème of world football such as FIFA Vice President and CONCACAF President Jeffrey Webb.
Tatjana Haenni, FIFA’s Deputy Director of Competitions Division and Head of Women’s Competitions was in charge of the draw and was assisted by Sylvie Beliveau, Janine Helland and Clare Rustad.
In Group A, hosts Canada will meet Ghana, Finland and former champions Korea DPR at the Toronto’s National Stadium.
Defending champions United States got a tricky pool in the draw, having been pitched with last edition’s runners-up Germany, China PR and Brazil.
Nigeria will face Mexico in its quest to win the elusive title in Moncton on June 8, 2014.
Group A: Canada, Ghana, Finland, Korea DPR
Group B: Germany, USA, China, Brazil
Group C: England, Korea, Mexico, Nigeria
Group D: New Zealand, Paraguay, France, Costa Rica
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria
- FG begins ‘systematic maintenance’ of Lagos bridges & drains
- 9 contractors made the shortlist for Fourth Mainland Bridge – Hamzat
- $18.34 million paid as ransom between June 2011 & March 2020: Inside Nigeria’s lucrative kidnap industry
- Allegations of corruption against the National assembly smacks of cheap blackmail – Sen Ajibola Bashiru
- Telecom firms now to pay N1 per km for Right Of Way (RoW) in Kwara
- Ebonyi to shut down some of its social media groups from June 2
- Breaking: Coronavirus cases in Nigeria exceeds 10,000