Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria will face England, Mexico and Korea Republic in Group C of the preliminary round of the 2014 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup, Goal reports.
The draw ceremony which commenced 10 pm (Nigeria time) in Montreal, Canada was greeted with great fanfare that showcased the culture of the country.
It was a spectacular treat that left mouths wide open including the crème de la crème of world football such as FIFA Vice President and CONCACAF President Jeffrey Webb.
Tatjana Haenni, FIFA’s Deputy Director of Competitions Division and Head of Women’s Competitions was in charge of the draw and was assisted by Sylvie Beliveau, Janine Helland and Clare Rustad.
In Group A, hosts Canada will meet Ghana, Finland and former champions Korea DPR at the Toronto’s National Stadium.
Defending champions United States got a tricky pool in the draw, having been pitched with last edition’s runners-up Germany, China PR and Brazil.
Nigeria will face Mexico in its quest to win the elusive title in Moncton on June 8, 2014.
Group A: Canada, Ghana, Finland, Korea DPR
Group B: Germany, USA, China, Brazil
Group C: England, Korea, Mexico, Nigeria
Group D: New Zealand, Paraguay, France, Costa Rica
- Yoweri Museveni sworn in for sixth term as Ugandan president
- Governor Uzodinma dissolves Imo State Executive Council
- Police officer killed as gunmen attack Akwa Ibom police stations
- Blackout as National grid suffer another system collapse
- We must build a better Nigeria – Tinubu says in Eid message
- ‘We must resist the temptation to retreat into our communities’ – President Buhari
- Agip shuts down Idu Well 11 in Bayelsa
- ‘We recovered $153 Million, 80 houses from Diezani’ – EFCC reveals
- Arson: NDLEA office in Abia have been burned
- Nollywood actor defends alleged child molester Baba Ijesha; leads protest at Panti