Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigerian Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative, NEITI,has faulted claims by the Group Managing Director of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) that the corporation did not connive with some Swiss oil dealers to short change the country to the tune of $6.8 Billion.
Testifying before the House Of Representatives Joint Committees on Petroleum Resources, Upstream, Petroleum Resources Downstream and Justice Wednesday Mrs. Zainab Ahmed NEITI’s Executive Secretary alleged that the sum of $22.8 billion was not disclosed by NNPC in its audited financial statements through alternative funding arrangement with its joint venture partners.
The NEITI Boss based her allegation on the 2009 2011 audited report of her organization and Nigeria has lost N98.3 billion to NNPC in exchange rates compared to Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN official exchange rate between the period.
She also insisted at the probe hearing Bernes revelation on NNPC was true. “There is similarity in NEITI audit report and the Bernes Declaration report”, stressing that, “the report (Bernes Declaration report) has a lot of substance in it”.
She further faulted the allocation of 445, 000 barrels per day for local refineries through NNPC saying that, “the 445,000 barrels per day allocation should be reviewed to the actual refining capacity of the refineries”
Ruling on the issues, the Committee Chairman, Honourable Ajibola Muraina adjourned the investigative hearing till March 25.
He also mandated the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Director, Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR, Chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Acting Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Executive Secretary of Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency, PPPRA among others to appear before the Committee on the date.
- Violence in Kwara: Governor imposes fresh curfews in Offa, Erin-Ile
- Drug lords responsible for funding terrorism in Nigeria – Senate President
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife to death
- I can count 187 times President Buhari has said he will end banditry without results – Fayose
- ‘Amotekun will be deployed to protect COVID-19 vaccines in Ogun’ says Governor Dapo Abiodun
- Shortly after the release of school girls, terrorists abduct over 60 – burn Zamfara town
- Ogun State deputy speaker impeached over thuggery allegations
- Federal Government says States that have not met the criteria for vaccine safety will not get doses
- Just in: Buhari, Osinbajo to be publicly vaccinated on Saturday
- Jangebe schoolgirls: Reunion turns violent as security operatives shoot protesters