Estimated Reading Time: <1
Lagos – Super Eagles’ players, Chigozie Agbim, Abdullahi Shehu and Ejike Uzoenyi are to showcase the team’s new jerseys for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) has said.
The NFA said in a statement by its Assistant Director, of Communications, Ademola Olajire, that the jerseys would be unveilled on Thursday in Abuja.
FIFA 2014 World Cup is scheduled to hold from June 12 to July 13 in Brazil.
The statement said: “The new and refreshing design is produced by Adidas, the official kit supplier of Nigeria’s national teams and one of the leading kit manufacturers in the world”.
It said the Minister of Sports and Chairman, National Sports Commission, Bolaji Abdullahi would be the special guest of honour at the event.
It added that the unveiling is slated to hold at the Sunday Dankaro Football House, Package B of the National Stadium Complex, Abuja, from 10am.
The statement said that the event would also have in attendance the Director-General of the National Sports Commission, Gbenga Elegbeleye.
Also expected are the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Sports, Adamu Gumba and the Chairman of the House of Reps’ Committee on Sports, Godfrey Gaiya.
The Chairman of the League Management Company, Nduka Irabor, President-General of Nigeria Football Supporters Club, Rafiu Oladipo and others too numerous to mention will be there.
The statement said the NFA Chairman, Alhaji Aminu Maigari would have the full complement of the body’s Executive Committee in attendance.
The Assistant Coach of the Eagles, Daniel Amokachi, will represent the Head Coach, Stephen Keshi, who is currently in the U.S. in the buildup for the March 7 friendly match against Mexico, it said.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer