Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff, Maj. Gen Kenneth Minimah has been directed by the Nigerian Senate Committee on Defence and Army to temporarily relocate his office to Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state. The committee believes this will help improve the acts of terrorism currently being perpetuated in the North East.
This is coming at a time when students of Federal Government College, Yobe state were brutally murdered . The COAS has been asked to provide special security for all schools and health institutions in the Northern states suffering crises.
This directive was given by the committee when Major General Minimah came to defend the budget of the Nigerian Army.
The chairman of the committee, Senator Thompson Sekibo also asked the Nigerian Army to invent new ways of curbing the incessant killing in the north east.
Major General Minimah assured the committee that the Army was up to the task of ending insurgency in the country but also revealed that the force needed improved funding
- Breaking: After agitations for his resignation, Sheikh Isa Pantami forced to renounce comments on Al Qaeda, Taliban
- ‘Dr Muazu Babangida Aliyu Lied,’ – Jonah Jang says Northern governors didn’t work against Jonathan
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results