Estimated Reading Time: <1
Liverpool’s Premier league title bid seems back on track as they defeated Swansea City 4-3 at Anfield on Sunday.
Daniel Sturridge grabbed a brace for his side but it was Jordan Henderson’s late goal that ensured a victory for Liverpool
The match was characterized by a lot of defending and superb attacking play by both sides.
Swansea drew level with Liverpool twice during the encounter. Daniel Sturridge had scored in the 3rd minute. Midway through the first half, Henderson finished beautifully for Liverpool.
Jonjo Shelvley and Wilfried Bony however scored two goals within three minutes with Shelvley netting a beautiful goal against his former club.
Just before the break, Sturridge netted his 18th league goal to make the scores 3-2. Liverpool’s joy will not last for long as Bony leveled scores early in the second half from the penalty spot.
16 minutes from time, Henderson sealed the game for the Reds with his second goal in the game.
Liverpool are now within four points of league leaders, Chelsea.
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t