Estimated Reading Time: <1
The news of the suspension of former Central Bank Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi by President Goodluck Jonathan has filled the air in the past 24 hours. Lamido Sanusi has been known to openly criticize NNPC’s handing of the nation’s revenue.
After his suspension, there was a little shakeup in the oil sector as Farouk Ahmed was appointed the Executive Secretary of the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency as the former Executive Secretary, Reginald Stanley retires after 35 years of service.
On Thursday, President Goodluck Jonathan met with top officials of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation in a closed door meeting inside the Presidential Villa.
The meeting was attended by Chairman of the Senate Committee on Finance, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, the Petroleum resources Minister, Mrs. Dieziani Allison Madueke and an NNPC delegation led by its Group Managing Director, Mr. Andrew Yakubu.
There is a suspicion that the meeting was over the controversial $20bn which is allegedly missing.
- British citizens in Nigeria to be evacuated to the UK – Geoffrey Onyeama
- 43% of Nigerians have lost their jobs since COVID-19, this study deserves your attention
- Breaking: Buhari writes National Assembly, wants a fresh $5.513bn loan
- Just In: Nigerian civil aviation releases new Post-COVID protocol for international flights resumption
- Just In: Gunmen abduct Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, demand N20 million
- NHRC urge 11 Northern states to domesticate the Child’s Rights Act
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening