Estimated Reading Time: <1
The PDP through the National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, the announcement that it had engaged the services of a foreign firm, AKPD Message and Media has shown that it does not have faith in Nigeria, indigenous consultancy firms and the teeming well qualified, world acclaimed Nigerian professionals and technocrats.
The ruling party Wednesday called on Nigerians an attempt by the opposition party to throw the nation back to imperialism, 54 years after independence.
“Just as the leopard cannot change its spots so also is the APC unable to hide its true colour as an anti-people organisation, tied to the apron string of foreign interests in utter disdain for fellow Nigerians and the age long clamour for local content.”
Metuh said the latest action was not only an affront to nationalism but a weird embrace of neo-colonialism at a time national pride and assertiveness have assumed a rule of engagement in global politics.
He said, “We are afraid that neo-colonialism is the guiding ethos of the APC’s quest to rule Nigeria. It is now apparent that the leadership of this opposition party may have perfected plans to use same foreign interests to siphon national resources and reverse the pro-national socio-economic foundation laid by the founding fathers of Nigeria.”
Metuh added in the statement added that unlike the APC whose ideological thrust he said was to relegate Nigerians and their indigenous firms, he said that the PDP believes in Nigerians and will continue to work with them and to create the enabling environment for hardworking private individuals and indigenous firms to thrive in all fields of endeavor including media, manufacturing, trade, commerce and other critical sectors of the economy.
“This explains why companies like Intel Services, Globacom, AIT, Dangote, Oando, UBA and a host of other ingenious firms have continued to excel and compete favourably with their peers all over the world, a trend the APC wants to scuttle”, he added.
Metuh therefore urged Nigerians to continue to note the unpatriotic and anti-people actions of the APC and called on all well meaning Nigerians to rise up and resist the APC adding that “a party which has clearly shown that it has no regard for the talents of the people it seeks to govern can never win the trust of Nigerians.”
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?