Estimated Reading Time: <1
As 2015 election draws nearer, politicking has gotten tougher than ever. Nigeria’s leading opposition party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) has contracted international political consultants, AKPD Message and Media, to boost its electoral chances in the upcoming forthcoming elections. AKPD, a Chicago based firm is known for its prominent role in Barack Obama’s Presidential campaign in 2008 and 2012 respectively
This announcement was made in Lagos on Tuesday by APC’s Interim National Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed.
“We have been working closely with AKPD Message and Media over the past few months and we shall leverage on the firm’s skill, experience and expertise throughout the upcoming campaign cycle,” APC said. “As a party destined to bring change and succour to the long suffering people of Nigeria, the APC is proud and excited to work with one of the foremost exponents of change in the world, especially with their track record of success in political climates akin to ours, notably in Kenya, Tanzania and Ghana. With this strategic partnership, the process of change in Nigeria has already begun and it can’t be stopped.”
APC is home to 16 of the 36 state governors in Nigeria.
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t