Estimated Reading Time: <1
Following the sack of Stella Oduah, Nigeria’s Minister of State for Trade and Investments, Mr Samuel Ortom, will immediately take charge of the Ministry of Aviation pending the appointment of a new minister.
Minister of Information, Mr Labaran Maku, made the announcement while addressing states House Correspondent after the Federal Executive Council Meeting in Abuja.
Explaining the circumstances surrounding the sack of the four ministers in the cabinet of President Goodluck Jonathan, Maku said Mr Darius Isiaku takes over as the Minister of Niger Delta Affiars.
He said the Minister of State for the FCT, Missus Olajumoke Akinjide, will now oversee the Ministry of Police Affairs vacated by Capt. Caleb Olubolade (Rtd).
“The ministers had indicated their interest to pursue other goals in the country and so President Goodluck Jonathan asked them to go”.
The ministers sacked earlier today include the Minister of State for Finance, Dr Yerima Ngama, Minister of Police Affairs, Captain Caleb Olubolade (Rtd), the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Mr Godsday Orubebe, and the Minister of Aviation, Ms Stella Oduah.
The president was said to have thanked them for the job they have done in assisting the government to realise the transformation Agenda.
Maku also denied media reports that Mr Mike Oghiadome, the former Chief of staff to President Jonathan was sacked over his involvement with the NNPC missing funds.
He said the former Chief of Staff has nothing to do with the investigations going on in the NNPC.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer