Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ukrainian club side, Shakhtar Donetsk have confirmed that their 25-year-old Brazilian striker, Maicon Pereira de Oliveira passed on in a car accident early on Saturday.
“He was a talented footballer, [an] open and friendly guy. Maicon loved life and knew how to make it positive and bright. Tragic, untimely and absurd death took away a wonderful person from our ranks,”
“It is a terrible bereavement for each of us. FC Shakhtar expresses condolences and sympathy to Maicon’s family and friends. May he rest in peace”, the club said in a statement published on their official website.
Maicon was on a loan to the Ukrainian league club Illichivets Mariupol until the end of the 2013-14 season.
More details expected soon…
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court