Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Sammy Wejinya
Nigeria international striker, Emmanuel Emenike has returned to training following the injury he picked up last week.
The big striker was injured during Fenerbahce’s Turkish Super Lig game against Konyaspor on January 27.
The 26-year-old was forced to leave the pitch at the Sukru Saracoglu Stadyumu in the 80th minute of the contest against Konyaspor with Mehmet Topuz taking his place.
Fenerbahce’s medic subsequently ruled that the attacker will be out of action for up to three weeks and he is now on the recovery trail.
Emenike has now begun light training as well as work in the gym and spoke to the club’s official website to discuss the state of his recovery.
“Today (Thursday), I started to run. I feel very good to have begun the process of returning to the team. That makes very happy,” he told www.fenerbahce.org.
Emenike has scored eight league goals in 17 league appearances for Fenerbahçe this season.
- Yoweri Museveni sworn in for sixth term as Ugandan president
- Governor Uzodinma dissolves Imo State Executive Council
- Police officer killed as gunmen attack Akwa Ibom police stations
- Blackout as National grid suffer another system collapse
- We must build a better Nigeria – Tinubu says in Eid message
- ‘We must resist the temptation to retreat into our communities’ – President Buhari
- Agip shuts down Idu Well 11 in Bayelsa
- ‘We recovered $153 Million, 80 houses from Diezani’ – EFCC reveals
- Arson: NDLEA office in Abia have been burned
- Nollywood actor defends alleged child molester Baba Ijesha; leads protest at Panti